Rail Transportation Analyst
Island Corridor Foundation
Summer Intern (paid)
The Island Corridor Foundation is a non-profit society and federally registered charity established for the purposes of owning and managing the rail corridor on Vancouver Island.
The fundamental role of a transportation analyst is to develop, manage, and evaluate solutions in transportation systems; efforts are devoted to influencing improvements with respect to: Safety/security. Cost-efficiencies. Time-efficiencies.
We are looking for a summer intern to work as a Rail Transportation Analyst to develop a model of a prospective rail system on Vancouver Island. In this role, you will be required to collect and interpret logistics data, evaluate the efficiency of rail transit, and identify streamlined rail transportation methods and develop a working model of a rail system.
To be successful, you should be detail-orientated with a natural talent for statistics and numbers. You should have a keen interest in transportation issues and in particular the development of rail transportation systems. Ideally, you will be currently working toward an advanced degree in engineering, business, transportation economics, or urban planning, with a focus on rail transportation.
Rail Transportation Analyst Responsibilities:
- Conducting rail transportation data analytics and cost research.
- Conducting cost and benefit analysis for rail operations
- Preparing reports on operational and financial metrics.
- Developing operational and financial metrics for rail transportation analysis.
- Providing recommendations based on data analyses and research.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
Rail Transportation Analyst Requirements:
- Student in a degree program in Civil Engineering, Business, Logistics, or a related field.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Interest in Rail and or Commuter operations
- Ability to project manage.
- Advanced report-writing skills.
Please submit resume to:
Manager, Corridor Development
Applications will be accepted until May 17th, 2021.
The Island Corridor Foundation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All Candidates must qualify under the Canada Summer Jobs program. Requirements can be found here: